About Us

Old Shop

New Shop

R.N. Smith Sheet Metal Shop Inc. originated as W.H. Smith Sheet Metal Shop in 1922 at 221 Madison Ave., Lancaster, Ohio.

The original business was started and managed by William H. Smith, and primarily focused on roofing, spouting, sheet metal work, steam baths, and wood and coal furnaces. In 1946, William H. Smith son, Raymond N. Smith, became the owner of the business, following World War II, changing of the business to R.N. Smith Sheet Metal Shop.
The business continued to prosper with the addition of heating and air conditioning installation and repair services. In 1969, Patrick R. Smith started working with his father installing heating and air conditioning systems. At the present time Patrick R. Smith is the president and general manager of R.N. Smith Sheet Metal Shop Inc.

The corporation has 30 dedicated employees and serves over 10,000 customers in the city of Lancaster and the surrounding areas. R.N. Smith Sheet Metal Shop Inc. has expanded into new construction, light commercial buildings, heat pumps, ventilation systems and repair of any H.V.A.C needs that a person or manager could ask for. With a fleet of 20 installation and service vehicles to accommodate a customer’s heating air conditioning needs in a timely and professional manner.

In January 2004 a new warehouse and shop facilities was opened at 1312 Campground Road to increase efficiency to serve our customers better.